- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 medium sweet onion rough chop
- 1 pint chicken broth
- Tablespoon of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Three strips of apple-wood smoked bacon
- Chopped Chives and a dollop of Sour Cream.
Spray the bottom of the pot with Pam and cook the bacon strips on medium heat until crisp…remove and reserve.
Sautee the onion until translucent.
Place the squash in and stir, sautéing a bit to get a color change.
Slowly add in the brown sugar and the broth, add salt and pepper and cook until the squash is soft.
Mash the mixture or puree if desired for smoother consistency.
Add milk to make the soup creamy…do not scald!
Remove from the heat and serve topped with crushed reserved bacon, Chives and a dollop of Sour Cream!