Makes: 4 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
• 4 teaspoons butter, melted
• 2 teaspoons canola oil
• 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
2. Combine butter, oil, cardamom and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring twice, until tender and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.